1.31.2016

Best of Beauty 2015

Before we start, you might wanna grab a cup of tea or some snacks because this is gonna be a long one. So sorry for the delay of this post, I know it's the end of January now and everyone is already posting their January favourites. But with all the university finals and then moving back to Sweden from Spain, I couldn't find time to properly photograph and write up a massive post like this, and I don't want to just write up 'something' as a place holder.. Anyways, better late than never, let's get started!

There are three sections: base, eyes and lips. I did not cover all makeup items (for example I didn't discover any great mascara this year) however everything presented are what I have genuinely loved in 2015!

Best of Bases

I usually do not wear foundation on daily bases, instead I like to use concealer for spot concealing and under-eye concealing and then blot the concealed area with setting powder. The great concealer I discovered this year is the Urban Decay Naked Skin Concealer, I was not a big fan of it at the beginning because I thought it could look a bit unnatural under the eyes, however later I realised that it is perfect for spot concealing, it's got great coverage and does not budge for an entire day. For under-eye area I have also found my perfect one, the Shiseido Sheer Eye Zone Corrector is somewhat so under-rated but it is genius! It has a very thin texture but at the sometime it covers up my dark circle with a beautiful finish. Sometimes I would reach for my beloved Diorskin Nude BB Creme, it has a medium coverage and the finish is like my own skin, great for everyday makeup look!

After liquid base product I would set it with Nars Light Reflecting Setting Powder, I briefly reviewed it here. It keeps the makeup fresh and clean and I love it's subtle glowy finish. For cheeks I have been only using this Nars One Shocking Moment Cheek Palette since I got it, it has contour, bronzer and four blushers all in one, and we all know how good are Nars blushers! This palette was reviewed and swatched here. Finally for highlighting I chose a recent find, Shiseido Face Color Enhansing Trio. It has one very light pink shade and two highlighter shades, I usually blend all three together and it gives the most natural glow for everyday makeup look.

Best of Eyes

Eyebrows are the most important part of my makeup routine, I have been loving the Anastasia Brow Powder duo this year, It is not the most affordable one in the market but trust me it's worth it plus it lasts forever, I've been using it everyday and I still haven't hit pan! Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion is a oldie but goodie that I use every time before I put on eyeshadows. 

For a quick eye makeup look I will usually reach for single eyeshadows or a stick eyeshadow. My finds of the year was Kiko's Long Lasting Stick Eyeshadow and their Infinity Shadow. I got a bunch of them as you can see here,  My favourites are the 06 for the stick shadow and 210 for the single shadow,  you can find them both swatched and reviewed in this post. An old favourite of mine is the Makeup Store Microshadow in Nox, it is a pink shadow with beautiful golden shimmers. I have also discovered a great eyeshadow palette this year, it's the Comfort Zone by Wet n Wild, there are eight high-quality shadows that performs just like (or even better than) many high-end eyeshadows, this gorgeous bad boy costs less than 9 euros, what a bargain! I created a festive look with it here

Finally I have a liquid liner and a pencil liner to share with you. The Urban Decay Glide On Eye Pencil is a cult favourite, I have the shade Demolition. It holds on the whole day and it literally glides on like the name suggests. I discovered Kiko Ultimate Pen Eyeliner not so long ago, but I'm convinced that it's better than all the liquid liner I've tried previously. Bold statement, but true :).

Best of Lips & Fragrance

Finally comes to my favourite makeup products, lipsticks! If you are also a lipstick hoarder lover, make sure to check out my five go-to lip products here.

My lazy girl's choice is the Dior Addict Lip Glow, it's so moisturising and gives a beautiful hint of pink. As for everyday my-lips-but-better lipstick, I picked one from drugstore and one high-end. The drugstore one is Bare It All by Wet n Wild, it's a brownie pink that I have been loving recently, the formula is not bad at all either! It's known for being an exact dupe to Mac Velvet Teddy btw. As for my high-end pick, it would be Giorgio Armani Lip Maestro in Casual Pink (reviewed and swatched here), it is a beautiful mauve pink with a luxurious finish. My favourite lip liner of 2015 would be no surprise to you all, it's the Rimmel Exaggerate Lipliner in Eastend Snob. I've gone through two of this and still loving it, it's a dusty pink nude that would look great with any makeup look, I wore it in this post. Enough of nudes? My favourite bold lipstick is Nars Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Red Squre, it's a bright orange red with very comfortable matte finish.

Lastly I'd like to share with you the one fragrance that stole my heart at the first sniff, it's the Yves Saint Laurent Black Opium. Obviously it's a gorgeous piece of art to have on your dressing table. Apart from that it smells so delicious! Sorry but it's impossible to describe the scent with words, it's plummy, woody, a bit spicy and all in all sexy!

Woo-hoo! High five if you've reach to the end! Thank you for all being so amazing and supportive in 2015, can't wait to share my adventure in 2016 with you! What's your 2015 holy-grail products? Please share with me :)

xo, Jessie