1.21.2016

Five Go-To Lip Products

My favourite makeup item has to be lip products, it's something that brings butterflies in my stomach. Partly because the girly part in me loves those ten thousands shades of pink, orange and coral; partly because a quick swipe of lipstick can make me look put-together instantly, lipstick is my trick of get ready in the shortest time. 
Today I am sharing with you my five go-to lip products, it's a mixture of tinted lip balm, lip gloss, lip cream and lipstick. When I don't know what to wear, they will back me up. They are suitable for all occasion and very comfortable on lips - I am speaking from a pair of super dry lips' point of view! 


As you can see I am quite fond of a pink lips for everyday looks, don't get me wrong, I love all of those crazy shades too, but I find pink suits my skin tone the best so I can pull them off without any effort. 
Ok let's have a look. First of all we have the Dior Addict Lip Glow and  Clarins Instant Light Natural Lip Perfector . I use them both as lip balm, they are similar in the sense of both being very comfortable on lips and gives a hint of pink, they both smells delicious as well. However the formula and application is very different: Dior lip glow feels more like a traditional lip balm, it gives that waxy feeling to make my lips feeling well protected. Clarins lip perfector has a much thinner texture. Another difference is the colour payoff, as you can see from the swatch photo below, the Dior one is much pinker while the Clarins gives only a subtle hint of pink. If you look up close you'll find the Clarins one contains tiny shimmers, which I find make my lips look plump and fuller. All in all, if I have to choose the answer will be Dior Lip Glow, I'm not saying Clarins Lip Perfector is worse however personally I like lip balms with thicker consistency, I also love the natural pink it gives. I've almost finished my third tube now, since I haven't found any dupe for it I believe I'll keep repurchasing it :)
Bobbi Brown Rich Color Gloss in Pink Sorbet (#9) is my one and only lip gloss that I reach for on daily bases. I'm not a huge lip gloss fan because I hate it when my hair get stuck on my lips and I'm sure I'm not alone in this. This Bobbi Brown lip gloss is an exception. First of all it's very comfortable on lips, no stickiness and no fuss. Secondly the shade looks so natural yet put together, it's a soft pink raspberry shade with subtle shimmer in it, I always reach for it when I feel extra girly.

If you're Bear and Berries' regular visitor, you'd know my obsession with this lip cream. Giorgio Armani Lip Maestro in 501 Casual Pink, I wrote a post about it here if you're interested in a more detailed review. It's a dusty rosy shade with the most gorgeous velvety semi-matte finish. To describe it with one word, I'd choose 'luxurious'. 

Last but not least, Mac Red by Mac. I wore it in this here and here, it's a 'bam' bright red with satin finish, it's my perfect red. When I want something bold on lips, this lipstick is my number one chose, because red lips goes with everything, I especially like to wear it with shirt and jeans. Btw I *might have found a dupe for it, I'll need to run a more thorough test and investigate into it (serious beauty blogger face), but hey keep tuned :).

Me wearing Dior lip balm + Bobbi Brown lip gloss
What's your go-to lipstick? I love discovering new lip products (as if I don't have enough)!
xo, Jessie