4.24.2016

My Secrets to Natural, Radiant Cheeks


Last time I shared my secrets to natural, flawless base on the blog (here), you guys seemed to like it. So today I'm going to share my favourite cheek products at the moment, including one matte pink blusher, one shimmery orange/coral blusher and one highlighter. Of course as a makeup hoarder I own much more blushers but to be honest these three get me covered for everyday uses!

From left to right they are:

Milani Rose Powder Blush (Romantic Rose)

Milani Baked Powder Blush (Berry Amore)

Shiseido Face Color Enhancing Trio (PK1 Lychee)


The Milani Rose Powder Blush in Romantic Rose is probably one of the most well known blushes out there. The formula is smooth and pigmented, and the shade is my perfect everyday pink, actually I think this shade will flatter a wide range of skin tones. It is matte however doesn't feel caky, but I usually use a highlighter in combination with it just because I like radiant finishes :). 

After I tried that Rose blush and realised how amazing Milani's blushes are, I got another blush from Milani with no hesitation. This time I thought I'd try their Baked Powder Blush, however I didn't get the oh-so-famous Luminoso, instead I got Berry Amore. The formula again was a pleasant surprise, smooth, pigmented and easy to blend. As for the shade, I cannot love it more for spring/summer days! Don't be tricked by the name though, it's nothing berry to my opinion, it's a orange coral shade that gives a healthy glow to the skin. 

Finally let me introduce you to my new makeup bag essential: Shiseido Face Color Enhancing Trio in Lychee. It consists of a light pink shade, a highlighter shade and a 'blending' shade, OR as I call it, three highlighters of pink, cool and warm tones. I usually blend all three shades together to reach that natural, healthy glow on the cheek, then use the one in the middle to highlight my nose and chin. It is not an obvious highlighter, it doesn't give a 'bomb'. However I love it for everyday makeup, it's so natural yet catches lights beautifully.

Swatches (L-R): Romantic Rose, Berry Amore, Shiseido Trio top, Shiseido Trio middle&bottom mix

What's your favourite cheek products? Please share with me!
Find me on Instagram for more lifestyle& beauty updates :)

xo, Jessie