11.13.2016

Autumn Lips Edit


Fall is no doubt my favourite season for all the obvious reasons: colourful leaves, cozy outfits, Chai Latte, and of course, fall lipsticks. 
Of course one can argue that forget about the seasons, wear the lipstick as you like. However for me, it just feels a tad 'righter' to wear Mac Chilli in 15 degrees than 25 degrees.. 

Today I'm sharing with you my selection of autumn lipsticks this year. It's not an easy decision I tell you that, but here you go, (in the swatch picture from left to right) they are:


Rimmel Lip Liner in Spice
Giorgio Armani Lip Maestro in 501 Casual Pink (review)
Mac Chili
 Mac Velvet Teddy
YSL Volupté Tint-In-Oil in #6 Peach Me Love


Rimmel lip liner in Spice just screams autumn to me, it's a warm brown nude that is ultra matte. Due to the matte finish, it does tend to cling on dry patches. But it is so beautiful when the lips are well prepared. It also shows lip wrinkles to some extend, but honestly, I don't see it as a bad thing, somehow I find nude shades with some lip wrinkles are pretty sexy XD. 


Chili and Velvet Teddy, one old favourite and one new-in. Both of them are Matte finish, but Chili is slightly less drying than Velvet Teddy. Chili is such a unique red with orange undertone, it looks absolutely beautiful on my warm skin tone. Velvet Teddy is a classic, I have no idea what took me so long to finally get it, but yes it deserves the hype and yes go get it now :).


You might remember this Giorgio Armani Lip Maestro from last autumn, I wear this shade all year round but reach for it even more often during autumn. Sometimes I like to pad only a thin layer to get a soft pink, sometimes full-on to get a sophisticated mauvy pink shade. It's semi-matte and feels very comfortable on the lips. For a detailed review and try-on, click here


Finally, this YSL tinted lip oil has been my latest obsession. It's perfect for the days when my lips are too dry and chapped for matte lipsticks. It appears as a lip gloss on lips, but actually a very moisturising lip oil. I love the concept of combining lip care and lip color in one. This shade is also very pretty, more spring than autumn I'd say, but who cares really, plus I'm eyeing on the nude shades from the YSL Tinted Lip Oil collection anyways XD. 

What's your favourite autumn lipstick? Please share with me!
xo, Jessie